Tottenham Hotspur players have been actively involved in international fixtures, showcasing their talents across various competitions. Here’s a roundup of their recent performances and a look ahead at their upcoming matches.
World Cup and Euro Qualifiers: Key Highlights
- Mali vs. Chad: Yves Bissouma was an unused substitute in Mali’s 3-1 victory over Chad in the World Cup qualifiers.
- Denmark vs. Slovenia: Denmark secured their place in the Euros with a 2-1 win. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played the full 90 minutes, contributing effectively in various aspects of the game.
- Italy vs. North Macedonia: Italy won 5-2 in a crucial match. However, Guglielmo Vicario and Destiny Udogie missed out due to illness and injury, respectively. Italy faces a decisive game against Ukraine next.
- Armenia vs. Wales: Wales managed a 1-1 draw against Armenia, keeping their qualification hopes alive. Ben Davies captained the Welsh side, delivering a solid defensive performance.
- Senegal vs. South Sudan: In the World Cup qualifiers, Senegal triumphed 4-0 over South Sudan. Pape Matar Sarr scored his first goal for Senegal, playing 63 minutes.
- Netherlands vs. Republic of Ireland: Ireland’s disappointing campaign continued, failing to qualify after a 1-0 loss to the Netherlands. Troy Parrott came on in the final minute.
- England U19 vs. Japan U19: Jamie Donley and Will Lankshear continued their scoring form, contributing to a 3-2 win, with Donley netting the winner in stoppage time.
- Sweden vs. Estonia: Despite Dejan Kulusevski’s efforts, Sweden couldn’t qualify, losing 2-0 to Estonia.
Upcoming International Matches
- Yves Bissouma: Set to play for Mali in a 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Central African Republic.
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg: Scheduled to feature for Denmark in a Euro 2024 qualifier against Northern Ireland.
- Guglielmo Vicario: Expected to be part of Italy’s squad in a Euro 2024 qualifier against Ukraine.
- Alfie Devine and Dane Scarlett: Representing England Under-20s in a Euro Elite League match against Germany.
Tottenham’s players are making significant impacts in their respective national teams, with key performances in crucial qualifiers and friendlies. Their contributions on the international stage reflect their quality and importance to both their national sides and Tottenham Hotspur. As the international break continues, Spurs fans will be keenly following their stars’ performances and hoping for their return without injuries.